06 December 2006

Conjunctions



December 8 is the anniversary of the death of John Lennon who in addition to being a BEATLE was talented as a writer and cartoonist. It is also the anniversary of the birth of James Thurber, another talented writer and cartoonist. Both of them told us that the world can be a frustrating, sad, confusing, and very very funny place to live.

From "In His Own Write"

About the Awful

I was bored on the 9th of Octover 1940 when, I believe, the Nasties were still booming us led by Madalf Heatlump (Who had only one). Anyway, they didn't get me. I attended to varicous schools in Liddypol. And still didn't pass-much to my Aunties supplies. As a memebr of the most publified Beatles me and (P, G, and R's) records might seem funnier to some of you than this book, but as far as I'm conceived this correction of short writty is the most wonderfoul larf I've ever ready.

God help and breed you all.

John Lennon
---------------------------

"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."

"Let us not look back to the past with anger, nor towards the future with fear, but look around with awareness."

"You can fool too many of the people too much of the time."

"The dog has seldom been successful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his"

James Thurber

7 comments:

colorado bob said...

I changed my avatar ... Just looking at it.

Jamie said...

None of the avatars are showing up with the Beta.

Jamie said...

of corse now it's there ... guess they got it fixed

STill no profiles

Colorado Bob said...

Take me off your account ... I'm trying to switch, and all it shows is your site. Mine aren't there.

enigma4ever said...

wonderful post....I need to fix my blogroll- for some reason you are not showing up- mucho dissappointment...So good to sit and read...and you even mention the Great Thurber;....

Henry said...

The cartoon are cute

Jamie said...

E4

I think you have to delete me completely and then put me back in again after you get here. Not sure what the difference is, but Google is messing up everything.