03 August 2008

Manic Monday - Big



A really fast Manic Monday. Mo has made this Monday's word as "BIG". As it happens, I was watching the Benny Goodman Story which starred one of my favorite and unfortunately least known by younger folks: Steve Allen.

Allen was a brilliant and talented man who wrote books, wrote music, hosted the Tonight SHow before Johnny Carson, and gave a head start to some of the major stars of the last half century.

So what does this have to do with "BIG". Steve Allen's composition and theme song was: This Could Be The Start of Something Big.



13 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

We used to watch the Steve Allen show when I was little - wasn't he on late at night though? Thanks for commenting at my blog - and glad you like the Big Bang Theory, I laugh my head off! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this one before. But, it's a catchy tune. :)

frizzyeatworld said...

It's catchy alright. :) Great take on "big," Jamie. Cheers!

anthonynorth said...

Good connection there - and a great song.

Janna said...

I remember when I was a kid, my mom and I would watch Steve Allen comedy specials on PBS. He would play the piano and sing all sorts of funny parodies about current topics.

The only one I vaguely remember is a song about how people weren't exactly embracing the concept of the Susan B. Anthony dollar coin.

Ivanhoe said...

I don't know Mr. Allen, but I have an excuse: I did not grow up her :o)
Have a great Monday!

Sarge Charlie said...

Now I should feel old, I loved the music......

Barb said...

Love, LOVE Steve Allen. He'd crack himself up so much that I was in stitches! ♥

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...music sounds bit familliar.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Steve Allen and now I have. Thanks for showing me something great and something worth remembering.

Travis Cody said...

I have ROTFL memories of Steve Allen. Some in this day might call the comedy corny. I choose to remember it as funny without needing to be foul.

Mo and The Purries said...

Well, I know who Steve Allen is, but can't say I remember his show.
I think my parents were too busy watching Sonny & Cher.
:)

I got you, babe.
Hope you're enjoying your time off!
mo

Anonymous said...

Steve Allen was a classic! Hope your vacation is enjoyable.