03 October 2008

Bleeding Blue




It's playoff time and my Dodgers are playing ball. I have been bleeding blue since before they made the move from Brooklyn and became an obsessed fan in 1955 when they had the good sense to come to my city.

One of my favorite movies of all time is "84 Charing Cross Road". It has a marvelous scene where Hampf pleads for prayers for the Brooklyn Dodgers. If you have never seen the movie, here is a small taste. Watching it should keep you busy, while I'm watching baseball.


3 comments:

Travis Cody said...

GO DODGERS!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. We can enjoy this, can't we? It's been so long since the boys had any playoff success, that I've forgotten how to talk smack!

Linda said...

First "Death Gets the Blues" and now you're "Bleeding Blue". It seems you've got a blue theme going on over here lately!

Good luck to your Dodgers!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what Joe Torre can do? (Yankees didn't even get a wild card slot this year.) So for that reason, I hope the Dodgers continue winning. HOWEVER, I am a card carrying member of the Red Sox Nation; and am happily rid of Manny (the fanny) Ramirez. Unfortunately, the Dodgers have to deal with him. It may not look so awful right now, but Cleveland and Boston could not wait to get rid of his self-centered temper tantrums.