22 June 2012

5 On Friday - Golden Anniversary






Five on Friday is the meme invented by our friend Travis of <a href="http://travsthoughts.blogspot.com.Trav's Thoughts</a>.  To join in visit his site, sign in and go forth to share your musical choices for the week.

This week isn't a five but a 50 as it is the 50th anniversary of the song that started a global music and dance craze with the Bossa Nova.  You can read the whole history of The Girl From Ipanema and Heloisa Eneida Menezes Paes Pinto who inspired the song by clicking the link under her picture.


















8 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I love The Girl from Ipanema. One of my all-time favorite songs.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great song...better legsesssses...and I thought we were going to see YOUR legseses!!!!

Durward Discussion said...

My legsesses won't be on view until I lose another 25 pounds. :)

Durward Discussion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Durward Discussion said...

The there is always the Sondheim parody: The Boy From

Mike Golch said...

Cool Tunes,thanks for sharing them.

Travis Cody said...

LEGSSESS!!!!

Cherie said...

I just love the Bossa Nova! :)