21 June 2012

Farewell LeRoy Neiman


LeRoy Neiman (June 8, 1921 – June 20, 2012

Artist LeRoy Neiman has passed away at 91.  A long, productive life, but unwelcome news.  The image above is the one that turned me into a life long admirer.  A limited edition version hung on a friends dining room wall and you could not walk by it without spending at least a few seconds being drawn into the power of the picture.  Love them or hate them, that is the mark of a great artist:  You cannot be indifferent.  LeRoy Neiman was a great artist and will be missed.

2 comments:

carol g said...

As I was reading your post, CBS nightly news was also presenting a short piece on Neiman's art. I really like what I have seen of his work. I always wanted to be able to draw and paint, but that just didn't ever happen...

Travis Cody said...

I hadn't heard this news. Mr Nieman's sports work was part of my early introduction to art.