Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious.
Step out of the box. Be creative.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
Once upon a time in a faraway Bloggiverse there lived a maiden named Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt. She slayed her own dragons, stoked her own fire and well.....wrote memes by the light of the Bloggingham moon. One day a kind blogger from England noticed her meme lovin' ways and royally crowned her Mimi Queen of Memes. As time passed in the peaceful kingdom of Bloggingham, her Royal Highness found comfort in the company of fellow bloggers who also loved memes. But the Queen had a wicked disposition too. It is widely reported in historical Blogosphere archives that any and all bloggers found guilty of not completing their memes were promptly thrown into the dreaded Bloggingham dungeon. If I were you, I'd do the meme.
Come On Baby, Light My Fire!
Before you get carried away and let your mind wander down a trail of romantic and erotic intrigue, stop. We're not talking about that kind of fire. Not today anyway. We're talking about intellect, entertainment and adventure. I'd like you to take a look at the what makes you happy and brings you joy. Pretend you are talking to a new friend. Answer the questions as enthusiastically as you can and share with your friend what lights your fire. Recommend your favorites, what you're passionate about - and tell us why. If it's too hard to choose just one, narrow it down to the best of the best. Everyone who reads your answers will not only get a better sense of who you are but we might be inspired to check it out upon your expert recommendation. I like learning something new everyday. If you open the door of my imagination, I just might step through. Tell me!
1. Which historical figure do you admire the most? Why? - While there are many historical characters I've admired through it all one stood out simply because she made a lonely child's life less friendless, provided wisdom and guidance all while instructing that you didn't have to be trapped by your era or position in life or the opinions and dictates of others. If you saw the recent PBS special about her, you can't help but admire: Louisa May Alcott. Favorites of her books: Eight Cousins & Rose In Bloom
2. Name the band or artist you'd like to see live in concert before you leave the planet or tell us about a concert or album that has already rocked your world. Music is practically the air I breathe and her majesty wants ONE. Sheesh dream on demanding one. Two performers I'm glad I got to see perform live before their deaths: Peter Allen and Sammy Davis, Jr. Both were absolute marvels at holding audience focus from the instant they hit the stage until they waved goodbye to a crowd on its feet screaming for more. Recently discovered a whole raft of guitar gods that I vaguely knew about but hadn't paid attention. There is a problem with only having one pair of ears. One has been around and lauded for a few decades: Ryland Cooder. The other fairly new on the scene, but I've just come to appreciate how well he plays and started digging around for the early things where it really shows up: Keith Urban.
Ry Cooder: Dark End of the Street
Keith Urban and The Ranch - Walkin' In The Country
3. What's your favorite television show or series of all time? Why should I care?
From the day it debuted until the last Goodbye laid out in the rocks of Korea - M*A*S*H
Do you really need reasons to care about the funniest, most sensitive depiction of the horrors or war ever brilliantly conceived?
4. Movies! I am so behind on the movie scene. What should I watch this weekend? Should I watch it alone or with someone? If you have never seen it and are renting, try to find Harvey Fierstein's "Torch Song Trilogy" The times have changed a lot since, but the issues discussed are still very real in too many lives. If you want a new one, why head on out for fun and adventure with Sherlock Holmes. This is the great detective as comic book hero and Robert Downey gets more than a few laughs along the way. Movies are always better with unless you are looking for something to sob over into a bucket of ice cream.
5. You are hopping on a plane tomorrow morning. Where did you choose to go and why? - Book those tickets for Australia. I've done Scotland so the next group of relatives up for a get together are all those Bisset and Durward descendants under the Southern Cross. Who knows maybe I'll bump into a somewhat elderly drover while I'm there - one must remain hopeful.
6. Who is your favorite author? What about their writing inspires you or simply entertains you? Recommend at least one book that you feel I must read. - Number 1 took care of Louisa. I have a feeling most of the "classics" in my library are already in your library. There are scads of novels, but since you have me shipping off to Australia, there is a remarkable book that became a wonderful movie: Rabbit Proof Fence It is the story of the aboriginal children stolen from their parents and taken to British orphanages and schools who became, "The Lost Generation" and the escape made by a few girls.
7. Hobbies and passions. What brings you joy in your spare time? How did you get into it? - Genealogy, but you all knew that. It started as a way to get to know my father's family who had never been a part of my life. It uses my skils as a researcher and writer plus I can listen to my music while doing it. Now all I need is the lottery to chase down these people world wide.
It should be fun to see her majesty's answers to these questions.