30 October 2009

Trick Or Treat - A Little of Both

Repost from Two Years Ago



Never has there been such a treat about turning tricks as the musical about the Chicken Ranch, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

THE GIRLS

It's just a little bitty pissant country place,
nothing much to see
No drinking allowed, we get a nice quiet crowd,
plain as it can be
It's just a piddly squatin no time country place,
nothing to hide at all
Just lots of good will, and maybe one small thrill,
but there's nothing dirty going on




THE POLITICIAN

Now, Miss Mona, I don't know her,
though I've heard the name, oh yes.
But, of course I've no close contact,
so what she is doing I can only guess.
And now, Miss Mona, she's a blemish
on the face of that good town.
I am taking certain steps here,
someone somewhere's gonna have to close her down.

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep,
now they see me now they don't- I've come and gone and,
ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
cut a little swathe and lead the people on.

15 comments:

Shelia said...

LOL! Cute. Happy MM!

Gattina said...

Unfortunately I don't know the place, lol !

Gattina said...

Of course Halloween takes over to the Belgian population that's why I took all this pictures. Everybody foreigners and Belgians together. It was real fun !

Anonymous said...

LOL--I love what you did with the theme this week!! Have a great MM.

Ian said...

I'm trying to decide if my life is incomplete since I haven't seen that show or the movie they made either.

Nah.

Happy MM!

Ian

Anonymous said...

"...sneakin around with you...I'm going to lay down the law....watch it rise and then fall..."

Now you got me singing...

Unknown said...

Great MM post! I think that this is the movie that introduced me to the incomprable talents of Dolly Parton (smile)...

There were many directions to go with this week's MM words Trick or Treat. I chose to go with Trick and my MM post this week tells a different story about Black Magic.

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

Jamie, great post! Thanks for the lyrics to the songs.

Happy MM and Happy Blogoversary in a couple of days!

Visit me at Work of the Poet
and
Answers to the Questions

TopChamp said...

THAT'S SOOOOOOO SCARY!!!!!!! You're not secretly in Scotland are you? you've managed to find a picture poster from my music college theatre.

Which is just weird to stumble across on a blog from America.

Sandee said...

Loved the movie and this is downright clever. As usual!!! Have a great MM. :)

Schmoop said...

You werent a consultant for this show were you? Cheers Jamie!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a great idea for this week's theme! hehe

Mary said...

I've never seen the movie... but your post is pretty funny! I personally love Paint Your Wagon ;) Happy MM!:D

Mo and The Purries said...

I love both the movie (Dolly Parton & Burt Reynolds & lots of bare-assed Aggies in the shower scene, c'mon, what's not to love?) and the stage play.
Great use of TRICKS!

Now I'm gonna have the phrase "just a little bitty pissant country place" stuck in my noggin all day!

This Eclectic Life said...

Interestingly, La Grange is an adorable little town with no sign of The Chicken Ranch. It also has a marvelous, well paved highway leading straight to it from our State Capitol. I'm told that much of the legislature once convened in La Grange.

My favorite song from the musical? You included it ... because I often find myself having to "dance a little sidestep." Durning was so worthy of an Oscar nomination for this performance.

Recent blog:=- Creating Art At Sunrise Pottery