11 February 2011

5 On Friday - Everything Old Is New Again


Travis of Trav's Thoughts has devised this neat meme. If you've never joined in, give it a try.

I know you've got some favorite music you'd like to share with the FoF gang. You can use any music source, but here are the official directions to play along. Be sure to sign in on Trav's blog so that we can all share your choices.

1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your play list of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the play list, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday. Go forth and enjoy music!

The Manilow video has Barry laughing at himself for loving this type of Big Band era music with a 1980s song:  I Was A Fool To Let You Go..



The video: Billy Wilder's 1950 Motion Picture "Sunset Boulevard". The Singer: Debra Byrne from the Australian cast of Andrew Lloyd Weber's 1993 musical "Sunset Boulevard" singing "With One Look".



The Video: Scenes from the motion picture "All That Jazz". The Singer: Peter Allen with his tribute to the 30s and 40s: Everything Old Is New Again



The Video and Song: Michael Buble with a throw back to the great latin dance numbers with a new song:  SWAY



Model, actress, and First Lady of France, Carla Bruni,  has done a new version of this golden oldie, but I still have to go with the original: Joe Stafford, You Belong To Me

7 comments:

j said...

The video for Everything Old is New Again video was incredible! I enjoyed that so much!

Great set Jamie.

j said...

video bookends - oops! :)

Linda said...

I've always loved Barry Manilow though I know a lot of people think his music is beyond cheesy.

"Sway" is very nice, too!

Linda said...

I was going to mention that Amanda much prefers the Rosemary Clooney version of "Sway" but no matter which version she likes, I'm just glad she likes some music of other generations!

Durward Discussion said...

I really love the Julie London version with her oh so smoky coo. That was one very sexy lady.

Travis Cody said...

That was such a terrific Set!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

As I mentioned to Linda, on Friday I listened to your set as I worked overtime at my office, scanning documents. But I didn't have time to leave a comment.

Then I had an extreme acupuncture treatment on Saturday morning which has put me out of commission all weekend. But I wanted you to know how much I enjoyed your set, especially With One Look from Sunset Boulevard.