It seems that Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt of Bloggingham took notice of strapping males in spandex this past weekend. Her majesty was so amused that she now questions her other subjects on the subject. Should you choose to add your thoughts on the subject of the spandex wearing subjects, you can join in HERE.
(**1919 Green Bay Packers**)
Now that the Superbowl is over, I thought it would be fun to take a little football quiz. I already declare failure but that is beside the point. There are many things about football that endear me to the game. Men in tight pants come to mind, ballet moves, food and music. What could be better?
1. In football, the "ball" is not round. Does this concern you?
No some balls have dancers on a rectangle and boxing matches are fought in a square ring. An oblong spherical that spirals is very decorative.
2. Can you decipher just one of the sideline hand signals?
If it is a single finger pointed towards God or middle towards the opposition - Yes.
3. What did you think of the halftime show?
I like Black Eyed Peas but usually served with corn bread. In truth, they are a good group but the format just didn't work for them. Now the pregame with Keith Urban ... fantastic.
4. I do not understand why it is so important to knock people down if the object of the game is to get back up and run with the ball. Wouldn't it be simpler to just toss it back and forth and see who could catch it first?
If they just tossed the ball, it would be baseball, and the great George Carlin had a few words to say about that.
5. What is a down?
The opposite of an up and ninety degrees from a sideways.
6. Besides the obvious testosterone flying around (ladies) and the cheerleaders in short skirts (gentlemen) what else about the game of football fascinates you?
The celebrities doing the frog march for the photographers lining the red carpet because the billionaire owners want to be seen with them and the Fox sponsors holding their contracts are forcing them to go in exchange for promoting their latest motion picture or recording. It's a hard hard life if only because of the first class jet lag.
7. If you could add a rule to the game, what would it be?
Only one commercial per product. Anybody remember which car company sponsored which commercial? Also, the Budweiser Clydesdales must appear free.