28 February 2011

And The Oscar Goes To

The Winner of our contest was Gilbert in DC

The other winners for the night:

OSCAR WINNERS 2011
BEST PICTURE

The King's Speech

BEST ACTOR

Colin Firth

BEST ACTRESS

Natalie Portman

BEST DIRECTOR

Tom Hooper, The King's Speech

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Christian Bale, The Fighter

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Melissa Leo, The Fighter

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

We Belong Together, Music and Lyric by Randy Newman, Toy Story 3

VISUAL EFFECTS

Ken Ralston, David Schaub, Carey Villegas and Sean Phillips, Alice in Wonderland

COSTUME DESIGN

Colleen Atwood, Alice in Wonderland

ART DIRECTION

Robert Stromberg (production design); Karen O'Hara (set decoration), Alice n Wonderland

FOREIGN FILM

In a Better World (Denmark)

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Wally Pfister, Inception

DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM

Strangers No More

SHORT FILM

Luke Matheny, God Of Love

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

Inside Job

FILM EDITING

MAKEUP

The Wolfman

ANIMATED SHORT FILM

The Lost Thing

ANIMATED FILM

Toy Story 3

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

David Seidler, The King's Speech

ORIGINAL SCORE

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, The Social Network

SOUND MIXING

Gary A Rizzo & Ed Novick, Inception

SOUND EDITING

Richard King, Inception

2 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I SO-O-O enjoyed the broadcast last night - and all of the red carpet excitement beforehand. I'll be posting my top ten gowns next Monday over at my place, a little tradition for me.

The screenwriter for The King's Speech was my favorite: 'My father always said I'd be a late bloomer...' Since I myself am in the same category, I howled with delight at that one.

Travis Cody said...

We tried to watch, but it just didn't take. But I'm glad you enjoyed!