18 February 2011

5 On Friday - Five Degrees of Musical Progression



This week is a special edition of the 5 On Friday meme invented by Travis. This week we are to come up with a bit of a mystery with five songs related in some way and others get to guess what the connection might be.  I usually do "theme" or artist compilations, but this time you don't get a clue.
The basic "rules/no rules' are shown below. Be sure to sign in on the Trav's Thoughts page so we can all share your music.
1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.
Go forth and enjoy music!
Here are my five songs with a very specific connection.  Have Fun!



Touch Me In The Morning - Diana Ross




Love's Been Good To Me - Frank Sinatra



I"m Gonna Be - The Proclaimers



Boulder To Birmingham - Emmy Lou Harris



There Goes My Baby - The Drifters



If you can't figure out the connection, HERE IS A MUSICAL CLUE

10 comments:

j said...

Walk! I know I heard that word in each song (and the clue helped).

I LOVE the song I'm Gonna Be. One of my favorite romantic movies is Some Kind of Wonderful.

Have a great day Jamie!

Durward Discussion said...

I figured someone would get it rapidly and you did.

Coco said...

Love the Proclaimers! Wonderful set.

Linda said...

Even without the kick-ass clue I was able to pick out the "walking" theme in your choices. I'd say you walked away with a great set this week!

Cherie said...

How fun! Some great songs there, some new and some familiar. Very clever thread.

Brandy said...

Luv it gma

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I knew walk was predominant, but I tried to dig deeper only to find out it was walk!

Great set of music...well done

Durward Discussion said...

It has a sort of progression as he walks away from her and then Sinatra brags about "love being good" only to discover he might want to walk 500 miles to get back to a good thing.

Emmylou mourns the loss by saying she would walk on broken glass for one last glance at her love, but the Drifters say it is gone forever.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

My husband was the first of the two of us to notice your 'walking a distance' theme.

Very nice set, Jamie - just adored the Frankie selection. And the Proclaimers song is a particular favorite of mine that always brings a close-friend-who-lives-far-away that much closer.

Travis Cody said...

I love this Set and I love the theme! I didn't specifically settle on the word walk, but I felt the movement to and from one's love.

Nicely done! Looking forward to reading how you put this one together.