01 February 2011

The Queen's Meme #70 - The After Life Meme






The Queen is wearing her pondering bonnet.  Let's get serious, silly and philosophical all in the same meme.  To join in visit her castle to sign in and share your visions. Just click HERE.  

1. Have you ever seen an angel? If not, do you believe in them?  I think they just may run around in human form saying kind words and being gentle with the rest of us.  No wings, just object lessons.

2. Tell us a real ghost story. Ever seen one? Yes or at least images of people over great distances who turn out to have died or been about to.  It seems to be a talent in our family.  One of the stories:


The house felt "grey" and I had to get out.  I asked my father to watch the children saying I wanted to go to the movies.  As I was about to walk in to see "Wait Until Dark" a voice said, "Go Home" and I mentally answered "Not Yet".  Throughout the movie, the voice kept saying, "Go Home" and I kept answering, "Not Yet".  At the same time one of my aunts was on the way to Reno with her husband and she reached over and said, "Go Home".  He had been in the family for many years, just sighed and turned the car around.  Another picked up the phone to answer with "When?" ... all of the aunts and all of the cousins got their messages and were frantically calling my home.  When I arrived back at the house in Campbell, my father said, "You picked a fine day to go to a show!" to which I simply said, "When do I have to be in Fresno for the funeral?"  He just sighed and for a moment remembered what it was like to be married when one of the Pifer girls wanted to deliver a message.  Her death from a massive stroke wasn't expected, but that day was the last one my Aunt Ruth sent to everyone.

3. Have you ever had a near-death experience?  I was told that it was but I was busy watching a flying saucer whirr, sparkle, hum and land.  They give you some really nice drugs and let you do that when you try to deliver a baby sideways.


4. It is midnight in Heaven. You have just arrived. You are told that you can choose any kind of "Heaven" you want. What would that be?  A whole series of The Lives Of Me.  A chance to live all the different people and personalities that have taken up residence in one brain from the quiet bookworm to the wild dancing lady.  One lifetime simply isn't enough.



Everywhere I go
I'm followed by a lot of people
Such a lot of people
It's almost a parade
And if you could see all the people
They're everyone I ever was
And everyone I ever will be
all the lives of me



5. You have come back to Earth as something or someone else. Describe that entity.  See above answer.  I'll just work my way up the food chain from primordial ooze up to multiple people of all shapes, sizes, talents, and accomplishments.

6.  It is your first morning in Hades. What fascinating aspect of the underworld will you visit first?  The devil's paint pots.  It may be hell, but the art work should be fascinating.

7. Scientists have just created a new pill that induces immediate immortality. You can live forever! What are you going to do with the rest of your life? Funny I even wrote about it recently with Time Enough For Love  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kewl answers. i had a similar experience with my uncle...there is connection in the universe...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

We all work our way up from ooze!

Sue said...

Interesting answers particularly the story you shared. Ghost experiences are a strong interest of mine.