15 November 2010

Queen's Meme #60!

Welcome to the Queen's Meme #60! 
Since we are having a meme birthday I thought I'd wax celebratory. Do you mind?
Let's walk in the footsteps of one Mark Twain, who said..." 
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."


So imagine you're 60 even if you're not and answer the questions. 
Please.
There will be cake.
I promise.


To join in, hop on over to to Meme Headquarters to sign in.



1. When I'm 60 I hope to know more about time travel and less about politics except for past events.

2. At my 60th birthday party, I can only invite 3 people. 


They are Son, Daughter, and first Granddaughter.  They are my best friends and I really enjoy their company.  Now if you want the fantasy party guests:  Shakespeare, Louisa May Alcott and someone really yummy for desert.

3. "To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am" said Bernard Baruch.

What do you consider old age?  The 12th of Never

4. Tom Stoppard was overheard saying, "Age is a high price to pay for maturity."

What does "maturity" mean to you at any age? Learning to play responsibly.

5.  Joan Rivers said "Looking fifty is great… if you're sixty.".  Do you worry about age lines and wrinkles?  -


Not really, but I'm finally getting the two vertical ones by the mouth that make you look as if you are frowning - Those are going to get the "be gone" treatment.

How do you plan to preserve your wonderful selves? Exercise and peaceful thoughts.

6.  Comment on this quote by Euripides
"If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes."


Every time I start to go down the road of "If I knew then what I know now", I realize all the things I would have missed.  Make amends for the past if you must, but don't live there.  Keep going forward wherever that road takes you.

7.  Pablo Picasso said, "One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it's too late."

What do you do now to stay young and enjoy your life?  I picked the year when everything was wonderful and decided to hang on to that feeling.  As a result I no longer have birthdays.  I have anniversaries of my 36th birthday.  I plan to die of advanced old age when I am only 36.


5 comments:

Finding Pam said...

Marvelous answers especially the last one about living a long life and dying at the advanced age of 36

I plan on going backwards when I hit 75. I do like your idea of the anniversairy of your 36th birthday. Or we could stay Jack Benny's age of 39. That really dates me. LOL!

Linda said...

And just which yummy desert would you be having? Something Australian perhaps? Or maybe Scottish?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The 12th of Never is an excellent answer!

Xmichra said...

I had a friend who would celebrate his anniversary of this 19th birthday (his very favorite one). I thought that was pretty cool, and always made for a fun time (since we were all partying with a 19 year old, we did what 19 year olds do...lol)

Anonymous said...

"Every time I start to go down the road of "If I knew then what I know now", I realize all the things I would have missed."
Sage advice indeed!!!!