10 December 2010

5 On Friday - The Union


My Buddy Travis over at Trav's Thoughts has this fun Friday meme. To join in simply go there for the instructions and to sign in so that others can see the songs you have chosen.




My darling son who somehow always knows what his mother wants most, handed me a gift card to ITUNES to get my IPOD, which he gave me last year to be my constant companion since, loaded with some new things. I immediately gave myself a remarkable new album (#3 on the Rolling Stone Best of 2010) On "The Union" two old hands got together and proved they could still make magic. Here is the NPR Review of the Album.   Preview all 14 tracks. So far my favorites are everything with "When Love Is Dying" the one I'm listening too most at present.

For 5 On Friday I went with Leon and Elton before there was a Union.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 comments:

Coco said...

Oh man, this brings back memories. Great set! Thanks for sharing.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Both Elton John's are fab-o. I love his early stuff. Love it.

I hadn't heard Stranger in a Strange Land before, and really liked it.

Linda said...

I just saw this CD yesterday when i was reading a holiday gift idea catalog that came with something I had ordered for Amanda from Barnes & Noble. Made me wonder how it was and now I know!

"Tight Rope" has always been one of my favorite Leon Russell tunes and you picked two of my all-time favorite Elton John tunes for this week, too! I'm going to be keeping this one open in the background while I do some more blog reading as it's just too good to shut the player down after one run-through!

Travis Cody said...

I've always liked the song Tight Rope. Although it seems to have kind of a lazy quality, there's a lot more going on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie.

Shall check this out and let you know. Hope the season is treating you well.

Cheers.

dog/Lisa