15 July 2011

It all Ends and Not Just For The Kids



I stood on the sidewalk about four years ago because Amazon promised I would get it.  The poor beleaguered mailman knew why I was waiting and just extended his arm to deposit the book in my waiting hands.  I stayed up all night because I just had to know how it all ended.  There were so many questions about the intervening 20 years between the end of Voldemort and the newest class of Hogwarts boarding the train.


Tomorrow my mid forties son and I will watch the final final movie about that last book.  Half a continent away my "age appropriate" grandson will be watching the same movie with his mother.  So there you have three generations waiting for resolution.  Will the movie be as good as the book?  Will the movie be better than the book?  Will the last scene be the new generation?  How will it end?  Early reviews seem (to put it mildly) pleased. 


I LOVE HARRY AND I DON'T WANT IT TO END


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. The book was released on 21 July 2007 by Bloomsbury Publishing in the United Kingdom, in the United States by Scholastic, and in Canada by Raincoast Books, ending the series that began in 1997 with the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. The novel chronicles the events directly following Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005), and the final confrontation between the wizards Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort.

3 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Just saw it this afternoon.

LOVED it.

Didn't want to say goodbye to Harry.

JK Rowling is crazygood.

This Eclectic Life said...

I confess I never started reading the series. It was an affectation --- I didn't want to be caught up in the frenzy. Maybe I'll sit down with it one day. I hope it meets your expectations.

Travis Cody said...

It was fantastic. We saw it again today for the third time.