17 November 2011

5 On Friday - Piano Man



Our buddy Travis of Trav's Thoughts has invented this delightful meme. To join in simply click on the link, sign in and go forth and share your musical selections for the week.

A mere 33 years ago, Billy Joel had his first number one album with "52nd Street" on November 18, 1978.  Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of any of the songs on the album so I had to go hunting for Billy Joel songs that I did like.  As Travis would say, "My blog.  I can do what I want!"  :-)

Because I like history and this one is literally my life story:  We Didn't Start The Fire




You want to ask me out on a date? Irresistible: A Broadway musical or a Piano bar. I love a good piano bar, and I adore men who can play a piano.



Find me a dance floor: It's still Rock and Roll



A love song for a city that I really want to see



Saving the best for last. Billy Joel's music. Twyla Tharp's choreography. The 2003 Tony's featuring the music and dancers of "Movin' Out"

No comments: