02 January 2012

Anais Nin







Prowling around the tubes of the internet is a favorite pastime and coincidences have this strange habit of popping up and fate seems to come calling. This past weekend had such a day when in five different places I found quotes by Anais Nin. Now let's face it, she may have been unusual, scandalous, talented, and beautiful enough to inspire a perfume, but five places on the same day quoting a woman that is almost ignored except by devoted readers of frequently banned books? Can't imagine what brought her out of hiding from her usual location at Brainy Quotes.


If you aren't familiar with her writing, take a look. If you are, it may be time for another visit. Fate does not like to be ignored.

“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.”

Anaïs Nin

“From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life.”

Anaïs Nin

No comments: