13 July 2008

Doodle Bug - Manic Monday



Linda of Are We There Yet has Amanda and I have Chris. Chris will be handling all the doodling duties this week in the person of Doodlechris bugging out on many adventures. The first of which seems to involve becoming a male black widow. He probably hasn't considered that the life expectancy of a male black widow is what gave the species its name.

Doodle Bug

Now when I think of bugs, you know it has to have something to do with a book, a movie, a piece of music, or dancers. Well how about all four at once? This scene was cut from The Wizard of Oz after the first premier due to the length. That was probably a good idea as the dance is almost synonymous with the time period which would have dated the movie and could have prevented it from becoming a classic. Only this old kinescope remains. Shot from the point of view of the cameraman here are Dorothy, The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion being terrified of "The Jitterbug"


17 comments:

Janna said...

I love The Wizard Of Oz.
I've seen this Jitterbug scene many many many times, because I have a videotape of the movie with a bunch of special stuff added onto the end (original movie trailers, documentary by Angela Lansbury, etc). And the Jitterbug scene is on there too. :)

Back when my VCR actually worked without ruining tapes, I watched that movie (and the features afterward) over and over and over again.

Sarge Charlie said...

you worked a little bit harder on your doodle than I did on mine

anthonynorth said...

A truly classic film. I never get bored of it.

Barb said...

Your poor male spider is doomed!!

I Love the Wizard of Oz, and I have the DVD with special stuff, but never watched it. I think I need to watch it now!

Anonymous said...

a great clip from one of my all time favorite movies :) Happy Monday!

Callie Ann said...

Awesome job. Great thinking!

maryt/theteach said...

Jamie, you have someone doodling for you? You lucky stiff! Or did I misinterpret what you said? :)

maryt/theteach said...

If they are your doodles, Jamie, they are great! :)

Travis Cody said...

I love that you posted this! I remember the first time I watched all the special features on my anniversary CD. I saw this and it just made me smile.

It didn't really belong in the film, but it's nice to have it preserved.

Maggie Moo said...

Aw man! I don't have anyone to doodle for me! Lucky you and Linda. :)

Great choice on this weeks theme too-jitterbug...

Mo and The Purries said...

That's cool that you had someone doodle for you!
I thought about trying to Doodle the Wizard Of Oz Jitterbug, but thought that was just tooo daunting!
cheers,
Manic mo

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow ... i'm impressed!
yerz in doodlin ... jh

Anonymous said...

Wonderful clip! Very nice MM post.

Amazing Gracie said...

It's un-american to even say this, but I've never even see the whole movie...
When I was a kid the Munchkins (sp?)totally grossed me out and I've never had the desire to watch it as an adult. And I don't like clowns.
What is wrong with me???
I love your doodle, whether original or not!
~~~Blessings~~~

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that you ROCK, Jamie? No? You do! Love the entry!

crpitt said...

You are lucky to have Doodle Chris!
Will Doodle Chris end up getting eaten?

Janna answered the questions I was going to ask with her comment :)

Linda said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Chris is doing a fantastic job handling the doodling duties of the week but you're right, he might have given that whole black widow thing a little more thought - unless he was becoming the Black Widower, that is!