27 July 2008

Stormy Weather




When Mo declared today's word to be "Storm" the immediate thought was Stormy Weather and the amazing Lena Horne. There is no way I could do her biography justice without writing about 500 inadequate pages, so do take the time to at least read her Wikipedia entry.

Below are two clips of "Stormy Weather" from You Tube. The first made during WWII and the second when she was still performing more than 40 years later. She is now 91 and no longer appears in public. Fortunately we have the film and recordings.

1943




1985




The logo for today's Manic Monday was provided by the talented Janna of Jannaverse

13 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I'd be honest...I don't know her...but I love the clips...now I have to google! LoL

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautifully talented soul! :)

Wonderful MM post.

Linda said...

I was thinking that this was the exact storm that might blow onto your page and I'm glad to see I wasn't disappointed!

anthonynorth said...

That's one talented lady.

Ivanhoe said...

What a voice! I must admit that I did not know she was still alive. Great stormy post :o)

Tink *~*~* said...

Excellent take on "storm" - love that song!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

maryt/theteach said...

What a talented lady, Jamie! Thanks for a great MM post! :)

Durward Discussion said...

You Tube seems to be having problems this morning.

Desert Songbird said...

Love that song!

Barb said...

She's smokin' hot!! Who wouldn't love Lena Horne!

Travis Cody said...

I love love love love love Lena Horne! She's a three S lady...sultry, smooth, and sexy.

frizzyeatworld said...

Timeless, that one. Great clips! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Amazing Gracie said...

That was a song that made me want to be a "torch singer." As I get older, I find myself listening to the songs my parents loved so well and thank them for exposing me to music of all kinds (except C&W!).
~~~Blessings~~~