06 April 2010
The Queen's Meme #32 - The Peep Peep Meme
Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #32 courtesy of Queen Mimi of Bloggingham. Stop by and visit her for instructions and to sign in .... Avoid the dungeon at all costs. It is NOT a happy place.
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun.
Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like you
Easter has come and gone. But I'll bet you have stories to tell! We present: The Peep Peep Meme. I feel a sugar rush coming on....
1. What does Easter mean to you (if that is not too personal)? - Actually other than the music associated with it nothing. Despite not being a truly practicing anything, I love the traditions of Passover
2. When did you last go on an Easter egg hunt? Did you find anything? - When the children were small. I hid them - they found them.
3. Your favorite celebrity is dressed up in a bunny outfit and about to jump out of a cake. Who is it? - Wow now he really will need that shower!! Can a bunny have an Australian accent? Look back a couple of blog posts for the who.
4. What is the most unusual thing you've ever done with Easter eggs? - Made little people using pipe stem cleaners to decorate a cake.
5. What's your favorite color of peeps? - Aren't they all pretty much barf pastel?
6. Do you believe in the Easter Bunny? Is his name Harvey and is he carrying a fifth of Scotch.
7. Imagine: You are invited to the White House for the annual Easter egg hunt. What surprise should President Obama put in each egg for the kids? - The sign below They will need this when listening to politicians.
8. What's your favorite kind of candy to eat at Easter? - See's Walnut Fudge Egg though now Hershey Bliss White Chocolate is running a close second. Those things are lethal.
9. Have you ever dyed eggs for Easter? - Yes and hard boiled eggs with dye soaked whites are blech
10. You have just found a genuine Faberge egg (like the one pictured here) worth millions of dollars. Would you keep it or sell it for cash at auction? What would you do with the money?
11. Do you have an Easter bonnet with all the frills upon it? Show us a picture of your hat. Not now, but I did have a favorite hat many years ago that looked something like this but with a large beige rose. Great hat.
12. Please share any special Easter memories or traditions you have with us - Sorry too much moving around. I'm pretty devoid of traditions except that bit of trivia that I always think of at Christmas when Handel's Messiah is performed, the Hallelujah Chorus is actually about the resurrection. The first performance of the Messiah occurred, not during Advent or Christmas, but in Easter tide. Handel's masterpiece was first performed in Dublin on April 13, 1742, 19 days after Easter.