The Queen's Meme. Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun! Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination. No one's answers are quite like yours!
Sometimes life hands you pomegranates. You get wiser. Sometimes life hands you that icky lemonade. You get stickier. Sometimes life hands you a boatload of people who either enhance your journey in lovely ways or rock the boat off course just for the hell of it. You get an oar and row in your own direction. It happens to all of us. Either way, there's gratitude to be found if you're willing to look. Sometimes the conflicts are indeed blessings in disguise - you just don't know it yet. Sometimes the storm IS the thing you will one day bless while you wait for calmer seas.
Maybe not today, but someday.
So find some patience and hang on.
We all have something to be grateful for one way or another.
I found a few things this week. I hope you did too.
THE GRATITUDE MEME
It's interesting that yesterday's "Take This Tune" was about what you ask for versus what you get.
1. What are you most grateful for when you first wake up in the morning? - Waking Up
2. What are you most grateful for when you go to bed at night? - Having A Bed
3. Who is the person who has had the most influence on your life? - A wonderful man who taught me that I didn't need to be useful to be loved.
4. Is there someone you'd like to thank for something special they did for you but haven't yet? Take the time to do it in this meme. - Christopher for not only hearing but listening to what you hear.
5. Who was your favorite or least favorite teacher? - Miss Neff is the answer for both. She was a terror who taught typing and shorthand who actually made sure all her students left her class able to support themselves even if all their other dreams never came true.
If you could talk to them now, what would you say? - You said we would thank you some day. You were right.
6. Do you say grace at mealtime? - No - It's more or less an ongoing conversation except for Thanksgiving when we do the family cheer: "Yeah God!"
7. Name one thing you take for granted everyday.- Wherever it came from my wacko sense of humor. It has gotten me through unbelievable difficulties.
8. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? - Throwing my then useless wedding ring out the window while driving past an empty field. Everything good started right then and there.
9. What are the top five things you are most grateful for in your life? - Christopher, Lanisa, Theresa, Brandy, and David