This week her majesty wants to know our dietary habits, so stop feeding you face or wishing you could feed your face because you are on a diet and tell all. To participate (not to mention staying out of the dank, dismal dungeon) just sign in on the Queen's Meme and answer all the following gentle inquiries of sincere interest.
1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping?
I keep a grocery list on my computer to be added to so that I can print it out to take with me. I then race out of the house without printing. It saves on ink.
2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?
No my stomach can't afford groceries.
3. Coupons. Use 'em?
Whenever Safeway gives me a $10 off. Otherwise, I forget.
4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?
All the time. The produce manager greets me by my first name and says, "Just tell them at the register". The trouble with cold storage over long distances is that deep bruising you can't see from the outside happens. This is why I buy almost all locally grown, but I can't live without avocados.
5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like WalMart? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?
They aren't practical for a small family. Since my son is a veteran and works at Fort Lewis, we wait for the case sales and restock the pantry twice a year.
6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?
Way to much. I need to practice saying sodium acid pyrophosphate, monocalcium phosphate, and dyglicerides.
7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it?
Actually yes unless I can hand it over to someone on their way in.
8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you can't live without?
See above referenced avocados. There is no life without avocados.