11 September 2006

He Ain't Heavy


Whatever our political differences, this day reminds us of one very important thing. There are heros among us. Daily they risk their lives to keep us all safe. On 9/11 the firemen, policemen, and first responders were there to bring out the living and the dead in the face of horrific events.

Many died. Many will be ill for the rest of their lives, which may be shortened by the asbestos and cement they were forced to breathe.

They didn't think twice.
They just did their duty
HE AIN'T HEAVY
Russell/Scott
The road is long, with many a winding turn
That lead us to (who knows) where, who knows where?
But I'm strong, strong enough to carry him -
yeah He ain't heavy - he's my brother
Along we go, his welfare is my concern
no burden is he to bear, we'll get there
But I know he would not encumber me
He ain't heavy - he's my brother
If I'm leaving at all, I'm leaving with sadness
that everyone's heart isn't filled with the gladness
of love for one another.
It's a long, long road, from which there is no return
While we're on the way to there, why not share?
And the long road doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy - he's my brother
He's my brother -
he ain't heavy - he's my brother ...

No comments: