02 May 2007
Thursday Thirteen #4
As anyone in my family will attest, I never wear shoes unless going out in public and even then if it is a short trip, why bother.
Thirteen reasons to go barefoot:
1. Feet can be washed rather than shined.
2. Toes wiggle better
3. Nothing pinches your feet
4. Look! Do your toenails need cutting?
5. High heels hurt your back
6. Good shoes are too darn expensive
7. It's too hard to say Manolo Blahnik
8. Animals have to be killed to get leather.
9. Bare Feet force you to actually look at the world, if only to avoid broken glass.
10. You probably will never get corns
11. Being barefoot makes you feel young.
12. Your feet won't sweat
13. If God had meant us to wear shoes there would be Gucci "Gs" stamped on our ankle bones.