29 November 2007

The Great Haggis Hunt Begins!!!



I should probably keep this to myself, but at midnight, GMT, Haggis season is on until January 25. Just surf on by Haggis Hunt. The Grand Prize is a two night stay at the Gleneagles in Scotland. Since most of us statesiders can't afford to just pop over for a couple of nights, the under prizes not yet announced are usually fantastic.

The rules are simple.

1. Stop while on your way to somewhere else.
2. Look at the webcams.
3. If you see a Haggis, click on the "I Saw A Haggis" link.
4. If you haven't played before, register once.
5. Make frequent trips since every click goes into the hat.
6. A drawing from all entries after January 25 will determine winners.

There are three kinds of Haggii you might spot: The slender female of the species; The Great Golden Haggis; and the standard breed.









Even if you don't play, a one time stop is fun just to read the Haggisclopedia.

HAPPY HUNTING

4 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

Um, isn't that a duck-billed platypus?

Haggis --- um, just the thought kinda makes me gag...

Thanks for posting the graphic for The Wren's Nest in your sidebar!
(you can go into the html for the post & delete the blue/evergreen title if you want).

cheers,
mo

Durward Discussion said...

Now now. Let's not be denegrating the noble Haggis storied in song, poem and stomach.

Schmoop said...

Normally I would click on past any blog that contains the word, "Haggis". You, however, have piqued my interest and I will stop by the Haggisclopedia soon. Cheers Jamie!!

crpitt said...

That sounds like great fun!!! Did you ever get that canned haggis that you mentioned yonks ago?

I will think of you when I am tucking into haggis over Christmas!