04 March 2009

A Year of Books




This one is for all the book lovers out there. Last year a young woman decided to try to read 52 books in 52 weeks and write a commentary on each one. She made it and you can read all of her posts about all of the books at her website: 52 Books. This year she is doing it again and today's post will have you hooked. This is a reader, someone who invests themselves in the characters and events of the book. Enjoy the experience.

Now if any of you decide to do the same, please let me know and I'll pass it along and highlight your site. In the meantime, I've got a whole lot of reading to do.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, 52 books in a year. That's impressive but not something that I think I could do as I just don't seem to have the organized time to do much of anything these days.

There are a lot of good books I'd like to get to out there, though. I do believe I will making a stop at the library tomorrow after my doctor's appointment in the morning!

carol g said...

I just got the complete 8 book set of Anne of Green Gables. I think I read some of them as a child/teen but cannot remember. HOWEVER, I am going to read them ALL this time even if it takes me til Rebecca's birthday in November. I could never do 52 books in a year - I wouldn't remember them.

maryt/theteach said...

You know Jamie I teach literature and am reading all the time. But I'm reading and taking notes and then writing up questions so I don't think I could do a book a week. But I'll stay in touch and watch you, okay? :)

Travis Cody said...

I would love to do something like this, but I don't like to read that fast.