Each week, Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt of Castle Bloggingham commissions her loyal subjects to participate by royal decree. Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #30
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun! Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
The Facebook Meme (aka The FaceTwit Meme)
It's a little longer than usual but I just couldn't stop in 140 words or less. Sorry.
1. Facebook has now surpassed Google in number of users and traffic. How much time do you spend on Facebook? If not FB, do you use Twitter?
I check into Facebook twice a day to check for mail or comments and to see if anyone has done anything worth acknowledgement of the wonder of it all and too play a game of Farkle. Yes I use Twitter but again lightly unless the political blood is flowing in the streets.
2. What is Farmville? I do not understand why people are asking me for margarine. It's a game that people seem to love. Since they can't amass acres of land, amber fields of grain and a cow or duck to duck, they play Farmville. I don't play so you will have to get details on the addiction elswhere.
3. Do you war in the Mafia Wars? I do not understand why people are asking me for cows. Another interactive game whose purpose seems to be to slaughter your nearest and dearest for fun and profit. Again you must risk your own hide to get insider deatils.
4. What is Cafe World? I do not understand why people are asking me for bullets! They need the bullets to mow down the cows that supply steak for the cafe.
5. Are you being bombarded with these "See Who Has Been Looking At your Profile - See Who Your Peeps Are?" application request lately? Not since I shot the last person that asked after someone was crazy enough to give me bullets.
I don't understand why people are asking me for my photograph and that of my dogs. Because you are beautiful and Homer will gossip.
6. Which FB or Twitter applications, tags or gifts irritate you the most and why? They don't irritate me. My delete key works really really well and my fingers need the exercise .... take that AP!!!
7. Every morning I am faced with the question at the top of my Facebook profile page, "What's On Your Mind?" Now Mr. Online Mailman wants to know the same thing. Does the whole world need to know what I'm thinking at every moment? I can't write that in a public place ya know. But if you had to answer that question honestly at 9:00 am each morning, what would you say?
I've been up for five hours. Don't mess with me.
8. Do you know how you became friends and followers with everyone in your list on Facebook and Twitter?
Actually I deleted everyone that I didn't know from elsewhere. If Prince Charming was in there somewhere, I'm really really sorry.
9. Have you ever been deceived online by someone you thought was someone else? How did you know? No. They got deleted before the relationship got that far.
10. Do you enjoy chatting via Yahoo Messenger or AOL the old-fashioned way? If so, who do you chat with most online? I don't chat in either Yahoo or AOL. I will reply on Facebook or Twitter to messages.
11. Have you ever been contacted on Facebook or via email under false pretenses, for dubious purposes, or by meddling nosy people in general? I've had to block people on Twitter who "followed" me and from their page seem to be mistaking me of a male "Jamie". Twitter usually deletes them before I get to that stage.
12. Think about it. We are all flitting around making bird noises on the internet. What would the PETA people say?! Can you think of a more suitable animal mascot for Twitter? What kind of sound would we make? Judging by some of political types, I think Homer should teach a hound to bay which would be appropriate for people doing the hounding.
13. What kind of new cool innovative application would you like to see on Facebook or Twitter? What would you call it? The "Go Away" button that you could press and watch fireworks go off as their message exploded before your eyes. It would then send them a message stating, "We wish to advise you that you have been declared dead one more time."
14. Have you ever had to block someone from Facebook or Twitter? See 12
15. Do you allow your real life friends to communicate with you there or do you prefer to be incognito to the universe at large? I'm pretty open about who and where I am, but then I have very nice friends.
16. Do you belong to any CAUSES on Facebook or Twitter? If so, what makes you passionate about them and why did you join? Why Peace Globes my queen and of course I'm passionate about them.
17. Do you know what a Twibe is? See 16. I belong to the Peace Twibe
18. Have you ever rage twitted? Tell me! Some right wing wacko tweeted "Jesus Wept" about the downfall of America in the face of the Healthcare legislation passing yesterday. I immediately Tweeted, "Right after he fed thousands and healed the sick". Then there was the "Boehner is such a rude, orange clown" remark. I had a good time yesterday.
19. I find that more and more people are reading my blogs on Facebook and commenting there. Do you share your blog posts on Facebook? Do you find that it helps or hinders your blog traffic? I share my blog on Facebook and yes it is diminishing traffic.
20. Wanna be my friend on FB? I have nearly 800 now. At least I'd recognize you! I'm already your friend. Do you ever visit me?
Don't you be foolin' me now. There's always the dreaded dungeon.
I wonder if there's an app for that. Hmmmm......
Now how are you going to make this fit a blog post about Elvis?