02 March 2010
Woe Is Me Wednesday
I forgot to do the Queen's Meme on Tuesday. I'm hoping she hasn't put the hounds or for that matter Homer on my trail and will take pity on me on my birthday and allow a one day slide from the paths of virtue:
Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #27
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun!
Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
Maestra Mimi has a quiz for you today. How much do you think you know about the Olympics? See if you can go for the gold and answer these questions correctly. IF you want to spoof it, by all means, spoof away! The answers are at the bottom of this post. NO CHEATING unless you want to end up in the you-know-where.
1. What year were the very very very first Olympics held? Don't know but all the competitors were nude.
2. The original games were banned for being a pagan festival because the Olympics celebrated the Greek God of........?? Zeus the head honcho of Mt. Olympus
3. In 1896 the first modern-day Olympic Summer Games were held. Which country won the most medals that year? Probably the Greeks ... This might have had something to do with all the judges being Greek.
4. Which country has won the most medals EVER at the Winter Games? Probably one of those three lumpy countries at the top of the globe where they keep most of the snow.
5. I predict that Blogging will become the next Olympic event recognized by the International Olympic Committee as a valid sport. How would you train for this event? And if you think it should be a team event, who would you include on your team? Enter one of those "You must blog every day for a year" challenges. The team would be anyone who actually did it and me.
6. What do the five Olympic rings represent? Every place every where.
7. No country in the Southern Hemisphere has ever hosted the Winter Games? Why? It's hard to ski in places where the temp is over 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. What the heck is curling? Why should it be a sport?? Shuffleboard for Canadians. Canadians like it and they always say "Please" and "Thank You"
9. Mark Spitz won 11 medals in the most combined overall medals category. What was his sport? Swimming - duh - I had to answer one right.
10. In ancient times females were forbidden to watch the games.
What was the penalty for doing so?
Not getting to marry the nude guy with the best "Physique"
11. In 1908 the organizers of the London Olympic Games added another 385 yards in order for the royal family to have a better view of the finish line.
Which sport was it? Whichever one it was, the Queen was amused for a change.
12. What event would you like to see added to the Olympics? Why? Ice Fishing. Give something for the people who like Curling another reason to be excited.
Extra credit and a guarantee you won't end up with no medal or meal in the dungeon this week.
What was your favorite Olympic event or moment to witness this year at the 2010 Olympics?
I loved hearing K.D. Lang sing Hallelujah - I immediately downloaded it from I Tunes ... Sportswise, The Ice Dancers.