Her majesty is at it again with the prying, snooping, buttinsky, wanting to know more than she should, nosiness. It's called The Watch Me Watch You Meme. So hunker down with your spyglass and bourbon, don dark sunglasses if you choose and tell us your deep dark and guarded secrets. Or not. Really if you know what is good for you, you will click on the link and sign in like the dutiful citizen of Blogginham that you are and cooperate with the edict. It's so much easier than the dank and rat ridden dungeon alternative.
1. I have given you a pair of binoculars. If you could watch anyone in the world in the act of being creative or creating something, what would you choose to watch? So many ideas, but I'm either handing Michaelangelo the brushes or Shakespeare the sharpened quills.
2. Turn your head to the left. What do you see? Explain its significance in your life. - A group of framed window cards for Broadway plays. They are all ones I've seen and are my way of remembering wonderful evenings.
I should say something about to the right. It is a picture of a man just sitting on a floor with his head bowed and turned from the camera. What always amazes me is that people walk into the room and immediately know that it is a picture of a very young Mikhail Baryshnikov without reading the words below. It's a little hard to tell from the above picture, but the body is so tense, so obviously graceful, so ready to leap and execute whatever is running through that head, that you just KNOW who it is without reading the words of Joseph Brodsky or seeing the autograph that got me an almost delerious smile from a man who had just signed scads of programs handed to him by ballet bunnies when he saw presented to him, a book with the words of a friend.
How splendid late at night, Old Russia world's apart
to watch Baryshnikov, his talent still as forceful!
The effort of the calf, the quivering of the torso
rotating round its axis, start
a flight such as the soul has yearned for from the fates.
3. You are watching a parade. You see a float float by (they float, don't they?) with three of your favorite people on it. Who are they? Politically correct answer: Chris, Lani, and Theresa (Son, daughter and first grandchild). Who do I really want to hang out with? Hugh Jackman, Baz Luhrman, and Nicole Kidman because I want to know, "What in the hell went wrong with the movie Australia?" Love/Hate relationship with that movie because of all the historical and continuity errors and I want answers. Silly I know, but I want that conversation.
4. What do you like to watch on television? Doctor Who, Masterpiece Theater, The Closer, House, Royal Pains, Memphis Blues, Treme .... there's a theme in here and it is probably really, really good writing.
5. Your blog is under surveillance by the Blogwatchers Association. What are they watching for? Helpful hints on how to run the world because this woman if she had an ounce of ambition and an extreme ego probably could. Instead I would probably just put up a sign that read: Hillary went that a way.....
6. Watch out! Your greatest superstition has befallen you. What do you "watch out" for on a daily basis? Oh my I don't have any. Maybe cross my fingers before the lottery numbers. Doesn't help, but I do it.
7. Have you ever "watched" at a wake in the deceased home or funeral parlor? - Well sure. Those are pretty darn good parties. Must be the Scottish heritage, but the deceased is "invited".
8. Name one thing you always want to be awake for. The only thing I don't want to be awake for is sleeping. Everything else, bring it on. I want to see it all.
9. What is the next opportunity you are waiting or watching for? Travel, somewhere anywhre. I really need to get behind the wheel and drive.
10. You are standing guard in Central Prison. It is your job to watch the prisoners online activities. What site would you recommend to someone in prison? This may sound strange but Craig Crawford's Trailmix http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/trailmix/ not because it is a political site and a very good one, but because there are some of the most intelligent people you have ever met agreeing and disagreeing with civility about all the issues of the world which is something those prisoners need to learn how to do. You have to admit that is weird for a political site.