17 July 2011
Seven Things I've Never Told You
Queen Mimi of Bloggingham has bestowed an Sweet Blog Award upon yours truly. Well actually she said some really nice things about me on her ever entertaining and amazing blog and then passed along a hand me down from One Gal Musings.
Now there are duties to fulfill in order to claim this bounty. I am required to tell you seven things about myself that I've never told you before ... excuse me while I rummage in undisclosed information closet. It's getting awfully skimpy in there.
Then I am to recommend others who have properly earned this lovely award. So here goes.
1. My Guardian Angel had to work overtime the night I swam nude in the pacific, got caught in a rip tide and ended up a mile down the beach from where I went in. Not only that, but I did it at sundown when certain large fish are known to be looking for take out. Teach me to go drinking with the girls.
2. I once had one of the above for a pet and still really like California King Snakes. Had to donate Squiggly to the school Science Dept when one of my many moves took place. He was a great lap warmer and I missed him for quite awhile.
3. Mimi told a story about somewhat unsuccessfully driving a tractor. At the age of 12, I started driving a truck on an uncle's ranch. Because of being a year ahead in school and California laws at the time, I was able to get a driver's license at 15. So off road for 55 years and on road for 52. One of my fantasies is still to have a Mary Movie Star thirties era roadster convertible.
4. I hate liver. I cannot even be in the same location where it is cooking.
5. In high school I was cast as Amanda in Glass Menagerie. Jonquils are my birth flower, but ever since doing Amanda's speech about the jonquils, they are my favorite flower. "
If any of you want a Sweet Blog award, feel free to grab it and have fun.
1. This Eclectic Life Shelly Tucker is a story teller of wonderful tales and a lady with a huge heart dedicated to bringing joy to children through Share A Square.
2. Fairweather Lewis - Fair may not do this because her blog is filled with wonderful ghost stories, mystery, and history but even if she doesn't, you should visit a truly sweet blog for a truly great read.
3. Watergate Summer - Alie writes about everything under the sun and then some. Every day is something different.
4./5. Now I've got a problem because Mimi nominated my two favorite bloggers in addition to herself. Trav's Thoughts and Are We There Yet. So Trav and Linda get a double dose of sweetness.
6. Border Explorer - Billie Greenwood writes an amazing blog about important issues. Whether you agree or not, she will always leave you thinking.
7. A Piece of My Mind - Julia writes books, poetry, and wonderful exposes on music of all kinds, her family ... If it is about life, Julia writes. Please go watch her do it.