22 April 2011

5 On Friday - Behind Closed Doors


Every Friday our buddy at Trav's Thoughts lets us go off in all our many directions on five songs with simple instructions.  Every once in a while we get a theme.  This week it is spinning off of Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown".  Last week I jumped the gun and put up a version of Sundown that seemed to extend from the lyrics with songs about prostitution. Then I went and read "Song Facts" about the meaning. Consensus seems to be that it was about the about to be ex wife, the "good friend" whose nickname was Sundown and Gordon's drinking (feeling no pain) and anger management problems at the time.  So this time the progression is about cheating.





















6 comments:

Linda said...

"If Loving You Is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Right" seems to be one of those constant themes in my life as it seems like I'm always in love with the wrong person at the wrong time. Hence the reason I'm alone I guess.

"Me and Mrs. Jones" definitely wraps it up nicely I must say!

Mike Golch said...

it has been a while since I heard that Tom jones tune,thanks for sharing it.FYI the gordon Lightfoot tune does not work.

Durward Discussion said...

It does if you read what was going on. His wife was cheating on him with a close friend.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Jamie - I think Mike means technical difficulties in playing the embedded video.

Linda - that sucks.

Jamie - Really enjoyed your set, especially Adele, Tom Jones and Michael Buble. Call me kooky, but I hadn't paid close enough attention to the Mrs. Jones lyrics before now. Liked Michael Buble's delivery - sometimes it's like that with me and finally hearing songs that I already know.

Durward Discussion said...

I hate it when You Tube pulls something when there is no intent to profit from an airing. If anything this exposes others to music they might not buy otherwise.

Travis Cody said...

I love Buble's cover. I always get the feel from Me and Mrs Jones that it describes the kind of infidelity that two people kind of accidentally fall into because they are in bad relationships that they can't seem to get out of.