19 November 2008

Skidding To A Stop



The picture above was taken by my buddy, Linda, over at Are We There Yet?. Her blog is one that always makes me skid to a stop in my daily rounds simply because there will ALWAYS be something worth reading. Today she grabbed the little meme and wrote some interesting stuff about her birthday, but in addition you get a slice of cake and birthday wishes. There are always some great photographs (her latest obsession), a history lesson as she goes walk about the East Coast, amusing stories about her artist in residence, Amanda, and tales of heroism from the men and women who serve as our police, fire, and emergency personnel.

All of the above is served up with whimsey and humor. Do yourself a favor and drop by for an extended visit and then put Linda on your list as a a favorite place to think of when you want to stop surfing and just sort of bob gently on a nice little wave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a blog oasis... Love that photo!

Linda said...

Aw shucks, thank you Jamie!

It was kind of funny, though ... as I was going through my Google Reader I came across that picture and thought - whoa, that looks familiar! Big DUH this morning!

Destress Yourself said...

Wonderful pictures!

Travis Cody said...

Linda's place is always a nice stop on my blog rounds.

After Hours said...

Wow, that's a really nice shout out for your friend. I think my next will be her blog!