17 May 2010
The Queen's Meme #37 - Under The Covers
Her majesty is under the weather, but has risen from her bed of pain to post the latest Queen's Meme while granting a temporary pardon to the dungeon denizens. To join in on the fun head on over to the Queen's Meme for instruction and sign in.
1. Name 2 things you have done under the covers in the last week.
I may have kissed my pillow. It looked awfully happy this morning.
2. Do you know what a woobie is? Do you have a special one?
Mine was "The Tickle Blanket". It must be around here somewhere.
3. What prompts you to pull the covers over your head and hide from the world?
Too much running around. It gangs up on me and I need to hide away from people.
4. Firm or soft?
Hard, hard, hard or did you mean the mattress?
5. Silk or flannel?
6. Lights on or off?
7. Fan or no air?
Window slightly open for air. (Don't worry, they lock in that position)
8. Completely dark or nite light?
9. Windows open or shut
Oops answered this one earlier - Open
10. Sweet dreams or nightmares?
Sweet dreams. Since I put myself to sleep with meditation, almost never have a bad dream.
11. PJ's or……
Another one where I jumped the gun. Wear nothing unless it is really really cold, then PJ's
12. Set bedtime?
Between 9 and 10 unless going to the theater.
13. What do sheep count when they can't sleep?
10 Lords a Leaping
14. What does your alarm clock sound like?
I don't know. I've never used it. Wake up automatically between 4 and 5.
15. White noise or music
Used to be music, but now silence.
16. TV or IPod?
I'm addicted to my IPod, but use both during the day.
17. Can you recall a pleasant dream you'd like to share?
I love ones where I can go flying.
18. Under the covers or outside the covers
I don't have a beard
19. Insomniac or sleep angel?
Go to sleep easy, wake up easy
20. What is your favorite sleep aid for those tossin' and turnin' nights?
Almost never happens, but if it does: Calcium, Melatonin, and Sleepy Time Tea
21. Morning person or night person
Normally morning person unless living alone then both with a nap during the day.
22. Bedtime snack?
No never. Bad idea if you really want to sleep
23. Hot or cold room
24. Bedtime ritual?
Yoga stretches, hop in bed, out like the lights
25. Twin, Queen, King, Bunk or Futon
26. Socks or naked feet
27. Bedroom door locked or unlocked?
28. Tent or hotel room
Both depending on destination
29. If you could be bored to sleep, what would bore you?
Politicians reciting talking points
30. Prayers or mantra?
31. What was the worst nightmare you ever had?
Trapped in burning building
32. Please share any ideas on how to stop a person from snoring.
I'm all ears.
First go the medical route. Do you have a deviated septum. Have sleep study done. Do you need oxygen during the night. Sometimes just the breathe right strips are enough. There are chin straps that can hold you mouth shut and forcing you to breath through your nose.
33. If one purely pleasant thought could ensure fast and sound deep sleep for you every night, what would your one thought be?
I mentally say goodnight to everyone I have ever loved.
34. How many hours do you normally sleep?
Between six and seven hours. Wish I could sleep longer, but that's it.
35. Thunderstorms or quiet starry night?
I love thunderstorms, but stay away to enjoy them. For sleeping: Twinkle twinkle litte stars.
36. Warm bath or hot shower?
Both: Shower first then soak for awhile.
37. What is the craziest thing that ever happened in your bed?
Oh I already told the leaking ceiling story.
38. Name a song you could fall asleep to.
39. Who last told you a bedtime story?
My mother when I was four. She would recite poems with my favorite being Wynkin, Blynkin, and Nod and ended with a kiss on each eyelid and a kiss on the forehead with the last line.