04 June 2010

Battle of the Sexes - Broadway Version


Our buddy Travis of Trav's Thoughts has created a wonderful meme called "5 on Friday". The rules are simple:

1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.

2. Go to Playlist.com to make your play list of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the play list, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.

2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.

3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.

4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.
---------------------------------------------------------------



The course of true love never did run smooth and here are five great examples from Broadway.



Sue Me - Guys and Dolls



Anything You Can Do - Annie Get Your Gun



Could I Leave You - Follies



I Hate Men - Kiss Me Kate



You Must Meet My Wife - A Little Night Music

5 comments:

Linda said...

Ah, John Barrowman ... sigh!

Though I have to say that "I Hate Men" from Kiss Me Kate is my favorite this week as I'm particularly fond of that show having actually had the chance to see it on Broadway during its last revival.

It's been way too long since I've seen a Broadway play but alas, the ticket prices have gotten so high these days that it's hard to go like my cousin and I used to. Which is too bad because I miss those outings!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Well, that was fun! As a Frankie fan, what can I say about the song from Guys and Dolls - his voice! And he really delivers the song as if he's just 'speaking' dialogue. Amazing.

And the John Barrowman/Ruthie Henshall song is priceless!

Travis Cody said...

That's some good stuff right there. We may have to spend an evening with Guys and Dolls this weekend.

Pamela said...

Great Music!

Mimi Lenox said...

When I come to your blog I come away with a list of things to do and see. You rock.