15 June 2010
The Queen's Meme #41 ~ The Nosy News Meme
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #41
HRH Mimi Pencil Skirt, Queen of Bloggingham has decreed that her subjects once more submit answers to this latest quesionaire. To join in on the fun, simply click on the link to join in.
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun!
Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination. No one's answers are quite like yours
So much crazy news out there lately -from sunbursts to outbursts to implants to supplements. Here are a few topics spinning off the newswire.. Sound off and tell us how you really feel about it. Your opinion counts.
1. What would you do about the BP oil spill? Give us your suggestions.
Angry Answer: Stuff the pipe full of BP executives
Silly Answer: Add Vinegar
Real Answer: Establish a fund to help ease the income loss. Stop all deep water drilling. Add a gasoline tax with money dedicated to development of renewable energies with concentration on wind, solar, wave, and geothermal
2. Tipper and Al Gore are calling it quits.
It is always sad when a long term marriage comes to an end, but they seem to be parting friends and both are still young enough to go on with their own interests and perhaps find love again.
3. It’s hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. How is the weather in your part of the world?
Washington has been cool with a week of rains. Seems to be cleared now for a time with sun promised all this week. We might get into the 70s.
4. Do you think smoking should be banned in public places?
Yes. As an ex smoker, I really notice it now. When I was a smoker and went out with non smoking friends, I didn't smoke in their presence. It is a simple courtesy. Keep your bad habits to yourself.
5. Unemployment from the top down: Do you think President Obama has a good chance or no chance of being re-elected in the next US election?
Excellent chance. There is simply no credible national candidate on the Republican side of the equation. One might develop and since House and Senate are more local, there is a chance one or both houses might be lost to the Republicans.
6. What??! Actor Gary Coleman’s wife reportedly sold private pictures of the deceased actor on his deathbed. - It's just sad, but in many ways Coleman had a very sad life and this involvement with this crude and manipulative woman was just one more example.
7. Texting while driving. Do you? Don't you? Will you? Won't you?
I don't even look at another person in the car when I'm talking to them while driving. Just for the record: 50 years of driving, no accidents, no moving violations. Of course, I do have a lead foot just haven't been caught, but I am a safe driver.
8. Lindsay Lohan. Has she been treated fairly or unfairly by the legal system?
The legal system hasn't done her any favors by caving in to celebrity. This child is careening down a path of self destruction and the judges are letting it happen. She will either dry out or we will be reading her obituary before she is 40.
9. The Sarah Palin rumor mill caught wind of her recent decision to have breast implants….so said the reporters-who-need-to-get-a-job-and-stop-making-up-news. She has denied the earthshaking allegations. Was this really news?
For some reason the press can't resist. It wasn't news, but did you notice her jaw line? She has either lost weight or had a thread lift to tighten that 46 year old jowl .... Pass it on.
10. An asteroid is supposed to hit earth this Friday. Are you prepared?
I really need to unpack the telescope.
And when it comes to gossip: Anything Goes