01 June 2010

Queen's Meme #39 - The Last Time


The Queen of Memes seems to have forgotten that she isn't Face Book and really really needs some privacy settings. Hop on over to contribute to her inquisitiveness or face the Grand Inquisitor in the Bloggingham dungeon.


The Last Time Meme

This meme will make no sense. Do not expect it to. It has no rhyme or reason. There is no serious theme or deep thought required. Just answer with the first thought that pops into your brain and go with it. After all, that's how I made up the questions. Stop rolling your eyes.

When was the last time you……

rolled your eyes - Sunday Political Shows - Just how stupid are all politicians and corporate leaders?

Tied your shoe - Decades.  I hate shoes and I hate shoes with laces most of all.

Reorganized your bedroom - About a month ago so we could cut a door through to what will become the downstairs bathroom.

Took a walk in the park - This past weekend. 

Chewed gum - Again decades.  Can't chew gum without feeling guilty.  Could you if your mother said the following every time you chewed gum?
Gum chewing girls and cud chewing cows
So very alike yet different somehow
What is the difference, oh I see it now
It's the thoughtful expression on the face of the cow.

Drew a stick person - Don't draw stick people.  I doodle scrolls and write stuff in them.

Activated something - My IPod at Christmas

Took a photograph - The snow trip to Paradise

Drank a milkshake - Don't drink milkshakes

Ate orange jello - Some family reunion thing including the shredded carrots and mayonnaise topping - Gad the things you do for relatives.

Google mapped an address - Yesterday looking for locations in Greenwich Village.

Sang your favorite song - All day yesterday, but this is the perfect place to insert one of them as it matches the theme.



Made a peace globe. (Please show us!) - Last Peace Globe Day of course.




Threw a baseball - About 40 years ago playing catch with my son

Fumbled with a button - That bit about shoes above ... Don't much like buttons either

Answered the doorbell - Two weeks ago for a package.

Spilled your drink - It wasn't me. Cats and wine glasses don't mix well.

Administered CPR - Just in class about 15 years ago

Looked in the mirror - This morning. As close to a scary movie as I want to get.

Testified in court - 1981

Made a sarcastic remark - During Sunday political shows.

Offered someone advice - Is there a day that goes by?

Watched a sunrise or sunset - I'm in WA. I go down before the Sun does. Sun rises every morning since I get up between 4 and 5.

Were jealous - Honestly, never since childhood. It's an emotion that I don't allow in my life. All symptoms of same are harshly stepped upon.

Smiled when you didn’t feel like smiling - Can't remember. I smile all the time, sometimes full and sometimes bemused, and sometimes with a little effort. You couldn't depress me with a sledge hammer.

Loved when you didn't feel like loving - Don't do this one either.

Ironed an article of clothing - There must be an iron around here somewhere.

Noticed you didn't give a damn - Hah! Send me an email.

Had a mammogram - April

Read your horoscope - A couple of months ago because I found and interesting one: Combine your Chinese and Western horoscopes. Here's mine for the Piscean Monkey

Moped - Don't do moping. Take a walk instead.

Held someone’s hand - Yesterday, my grandson.

Crossed a bridge - The snow trip to Paradise.

Threw away a candy wrapper - April. The son brought home gourmet Hershey candies from his last business trip.

Sat on a bench - Can't remember

Turned a page - Last night

Tripped over your own 2 feet - Yesterday and what's your next move Grace?

Sat on a beach - Way too long ago. I need a beach.

Dialed the wrong number - Ages

Ignored a phone call - Regularly

Kissed a bride - Haven't been to a wedding since 1971

Tweeted - Yesterday

Rode a roller coaster - 2000 - Need another roller coaster

You were really you - Every day of my life. What you see is what you get.

Cried yourself to sleep - 1984

Were speechless - MOI?

Rode a bus - 1989

Went to a funeral - 1984 which is why I was crying myself to sleep.

Were right - Opinionated constantly. Right - 75% of the time?

Smoked - Five years ago

Were left - 1984 was not a good year.

Googled - This morning

Bent over - This morning - I've taken up Pilotes

Sent a text message - This morning

Lit a candle - Last Night

Lost your temper - Don't do this one either. I take a walk until I can decide what to do with the negativity.

Fell off a horse - I've never fallen off one. Isn't the idea to stay seated? :-)

Changed the oil in your car - Took it to Jiffy Lube last month

Added a new FACEBOOK friend - Yesterday. I'm slowing collecting all the people from my high school graduating class.

Went bowling - Six years ago.

Laughed uncontrollably - Got the giggles this weekend.

Felt guilty - Ages. Another useless emotion.

Looked up a word in the dictionary - There are words in there I don't know? Actually looked for a synonym this morning for "trivially dull" to get "Banal"

Returned from the point of no return - The last time I watched "The River of No Return".



Couldn't remember your name - There is no way I could forget my name. It's more a matter of which one to use for what purpose.

Surrendered to temptation - As often as humanly possible.

Felt genuinely happy - This morning

Saw a famous person - Not counting politicians that would probably be Jane Wyman about 20 years ago. Counting politicians - about six years ago.

Kissed in a car - 2005

Sent a greeting card - This weekend. Two birthdays coming up this week.

Used your passport - 2004 for trip to Scotland

Yelled at your television - Growled at it this weekend.  Oil spews make me very unhappy.

Confided a secret - Ages.  I try not to have them and I don't tell those belonging to others.

Changed your blog template - A couple of months ago.  I need a new one.

Danced like no one was watching - This morning

Wrote in cursive - yesterday

Took a driving test - 2005 after move to Washington

Backed up your computer files - Sunday, It's automatic.

When was the last time you said this was the last time? - Never say Never, but I might consider it now that I've gotten to the end of this thing.

7 comments:

carol g said...

I love your witty responses... wish my brain could work that well.

Linda said...

Are you planning a trip to Greenwich Village or were you just Googling it for the hecks of it?

I'm with Carol - wish my brain worked that well but alas, it seems to be stuck in the sludge lately!

Dawn Drover said...

Your gum chewing answer cracked me up!

Travis Cody said...

Too many things! I cheated and only answered one. I hope I'm not in trouble.

Mimi Lenox said...

Where do I start?
There is mutiny afoot everywhere I go.

And WHAT was I thinking?
It took me 3 hours to do my own meme. Actually, in hindsight, I can't believe anyone actually did this meme. Ha! I should have divided it up into 2 memes. But...as I read a book today on the life of Queen Elizabeth II, I realized that if she had the nerve to charge her adoring public a fee to tour Windsor Castle after it burned in order to pay for the repairs (the nerve!)..I could hold my head up about this meme.

**Would you like 1 or 2 pillows for your dungeon cot?**
And where is Travis??! Huh?? He said he did one question and I don't even see it. BaaaHH!!

Mimi Lenox said...

**you're in trouble, Travis**

I got lost in Greenwich Village once. Sad tale.
You get up between 4 and 5???! I could not do it.
I need a beach too. Drastically.

"There is no way I could forget my name. It's more a matter of which one to use for what purpose."
LOL

I love how you deal with negativity.
Now please take a walk and forgive me.

Finding Pam said...

I enjoyed your answers.