Her majesty, Queen Mimi of Bloggingham has questions. Her subjects have answers. Check in to share them with everyone.
Norman Vincent Peale said, "Change your thoughts and you change your world." It was interesting to see how many meanings I could find for the word "change".....some are serious, some are silly. Have fun!
1. Name one thing you'd like to change about yourself. - Born during the Battle of the Bulge. I've been fighting it ever since. I would really like to look at a piece of bread without gaining five pounds.
2. If you could wave a magic wand and be done with all the small petty nuisances in your life, what you would have "be gone" first? Bending over to do the laundry. I want a platform so the front loaders are up higher.
3. Do you collect and save your spare change in a jar? - Porcelain Blue and White Chinese Tea jar.
4. Change your world. What is our biggest concern as a global humanity? - Population. Sustainability means enough food and water for all in a world that can support the humans in residence without destroying other species. There are more than six billion on the way to nine billion on a planet that can only give three billion a lifestyle similar to the US.
5. What would you have changed about your last relationship or the one you're in now? - More time
6. If you could reverse the course of history in a time machine, what would you do and how do you think the world would be different today? - Prevent the RFK and MLK assassinations. I call 1968 the year the United States died. Those deaths opened the doors for extremism on all sides and the country has never recovered.
7. Who would you like to change into a toad? - Newt is already a Newt. Dick Armey if he weren't already a reptile. That leave John Boehner, but who ever heard of an orange toad.
8. What is the first thing you change into when you get home from work? It's not what I change into. It's what comes off. The shoes don't last past the front door. The bra and panties make it to the bedroom. Then once barefoot and nude like a civilized person, I change into a caftan for the sake of propriety.
9. If you could change places with anyone in the world for one day, who would that be? Queen Elizabeth II - I think it would be truly fascinating even with her wacky family. Besides a queen's question deserves a queen for an answer.
10. Have you ever heard the expression "turn over a new leaf?" What is under your old one? - Some cobwebs. Cleared out the baggage a long time ago.
11. Name one thing that can cause you to immediately change your mood? - My cat climbing up on my shoulder and purring into my ear.
12. What have you recently (or ever) had a change of heart about? And why? - There have been times when I talked myself out of doing something because of cowardice ... the dive off the deep end. Definitely now in favor of diving. Life's too short to not take chances.
13. When is the last time you changed the oil in your car? - May now I have to do the whole transmission check next month.