Welcome to the Queen's Meme #54 - If like me you let the whole day just completely get away from you, run don't walk to Bloggingham, beg forgiveness, plead for mercy and come in a day late with The Queen's Meme. I promise that I did not look anything up in my Funk and Wagnalls. My only excuse is that this is a variation on something I did, only now Queen Mimi has done it better.
Here are the Instructions
We are going for the funny bone today. Ouch. I hate it when that happens. Technically speaking that is the ulnar nerve. Definition: The ulnar nerve originates from the C8-T1 nerve roots which form part of the medial cord of the brachial plexus, and descends on the posteromedial aspect of the humerus.
I told you this meme was humorous!
Confession: I stole this idea from Jamie at Duward Discussion. She used British and Australian slang words recently in a challenge to her readers. I found a site today called Inherently Funny and decided to do the same with words that sound ridiculously humorous when you pronounce them....IF you can pronounce them.
I have given you 8 funny sounding words. You have to supply a definition without looking at the website or dictionary first. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Let's get started.
Here Forthwith Are My Answers
1. diphthong - Aren't thongs racy enough without them taking another dip, but apparently they do.
2. Houp-doup - Someone conned into believing they can learn to use a Hula Hoop past the age of 45.
3. Skullduggery - The thing found in the hole when pirates fought over buried treasure.
4. reintarnation - A Mammoth that has bobbed up in the La Brea Tar Pits
5. glom - Past pluperfic participle of glum
6. gobsmacked - What happened to the shanghied sailor
7. assmosis - I hope this means my diet is working and something is being absorbed and invisible.
8. lugubrious - The dirty residue drained during an oil change
And trust me, I will know if you look in the dictionary. - I Didn't I DIdn't