She who must be obeyed, namely Queen Mimi of Bloggingham has dubbed me with a rather powerful sword in her possession for the "Liebster Award" While this may sound like something suitable for boiling, it actually means: A German word for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome - So thank you your most gracious majesty.
The rules are:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 Questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you've tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you've tagged them.
4. Remember no tags back
So first, 11 statements about myself, though coming up with things you don't know isn't easy:
1. I married the same man twice.
2. I went to so many schools that I actually have to number the grades and match to cities to figure out where they were when.
3. I really, really like to swim nude.
4. Never ever wear shoes indoors and caftans are preferred for body cover.
5. 68 and I still don't have grey hair except for the "skunk stripe" in front there since I was 35. (Just whacked off all my hair to check).
6. Reading for me is like watching a movie. I get totally lost in the "pictures" to the point that I have to be touched or talked to loudly to "come out of it".
7. I'm horrible at remembering names unless there is real attached emotional content. Too many "goodbyes" and need to erase. Now I seem to erase immediately to save myself the time and trouble. Trying to get better about this.
8. My middle names are both surnames _ Jamieson Durward
9. My first crush was Richard Todd - I was seven. My mind has never changed about what constitutes an "Oh My - Heart Be Still!!" handsome man.
10. I have been driving some form of mechanized vehicle since the age of 8 (tractor), have had a license since age 15 and have never had an accident outside of a parking lot or a moving violation (deserved speeding tickets) in 60 years.
11. Really want to live in New York or Australia for at least a year.
Now for The Queen's curiosity:
1. What is the nearest book to you? Your Kindle does not count.
Embattled Dreams, California in War and Peace 1940 - 1950
2. When was the last time you took a "me" vacation
Roughly once an hour - I have a GREAT imagination
3. How many telephone numbers do yo have? - Two
4. If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
Immediately reinstitute all music, drama, and literature classes even if it meant tossing out some of the "basics"
5. Are you a big tipper?
Yes - I was a waitress. You have to be really, really bad for me not to make excuses for the service.
6. Do you watch reality shows?
Never - Mindless drivel stultifying the American psyche
7. Who is your favorite sports team player?
Historical: Sandy Kofax
Current: Harley Ramirez of the LA Dodgers
8. If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why?
This one. There are so many places I still want to see. If forced into space, then Mars as there stands a chance of a habitat suitable for living.
9. When was the last time you sat in a church?
Honestly don't remember. It's been years.
10. Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?
People who visit but don't comment even to say "Hi!"
11. When someone follows you on their blog or subscribes to your Facebook page, do you automatically follow and subscribe back?
Not usually. If they are someone I recognize or with a shared close friend, then maybe.
Here are the questions I've sending to the folks tagged as "Liebster" below:
1. Who, when and where was your first kiss?
2. You are giving a party and can invite five people fact or fiction - Who's coming to dinner?
3. How many people can you call now who have known you since you were in school?
4. What Are you wearing right now?
5. What are your current favorite TV shows
6. If you drink what is your favorite alcoholic libation. If not, flavor of Ice Cream?
7. What is your favorite Olympic event?
8. You just got thrown out of your country. Where do you want to become a citizen?
9. Do you have a hobby - What is it?
10. Do you dye your hair?
11. Do you consider yourself a Conservative, Moderate, or Progressive?
Now let the tagging begin. Queen Mimi grabbed some of my favorite people I may not get to eleven: Shelly Tucker, Mary Tomeselli, Julia Phillips, Claire Pitt, Carol George, Arabella, Then if they choose to do it twice: Travis, Linda Orlomoski ... And that's all I've got.
Love the graphic. It looks like my living room. Not.
I've said this many times about you (and TO you) "What an interesting life you lead!"
Married twice to the same man, no grey hair, caftans and that sexy by-the-pool photograph I love so much. And Richard Tod.d is dreamy
I knew you would make this meme sing. Loved it. You've made me want to try swimming in the nude.
P.S. Maybe you should create a dungeon of your own for people who drive-by and don't comment. I hate that too. It feels kinda creepy to me at times. Do you know I've had the same two what I now call "stalkers" for years? And never one comment.
Nice German word, liebster. Over the weekend I traced another line of ancestry back to Germany. That's 2 branches now.
This latest discovery ties me to the Moravian Church settlements in Pennsylvania, of all things.
Richard Todd was a yummy sort of fellow wasn't he. I have found myself daydreaming of being in King Henry's court while watching him in the "The Rose and The Sword" (by Disney).
He was still remarkably good looking before he passed away at 90. My favorite bit of trivia about in him. In the movie "The Longest Day", he played the man who had been his commanding officer in real life while another actor played the young Richard Todd.
Post a Comment