25 August 2009

Queen's Meme

Queen Mimi of Bloggingham has declared that there aren't enough message bottles bobbing about the blogosphere. This is an older meme, and my previous bottle is out there riding the waves, but anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

The Message In A Bottle Meme

Here's what the Queen says you have to do:

1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle below. It can even be ANONYMOUS message and she will not reveal your identity.

2. Right click and Save the graphic below




3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture

4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog

5. Tag a minimum of five people - or your entire blogroll if you like - to do the same.

6. Notify them of the tag and let Queen Mimi know your bottle is afloat where it will be posted to the Message In A Bottle blog.

Your virtual bottle will remain afloat in the blogosphere ocean for all blogernity (That's a Mimism for blog + eternity.)I will add it to the master list of message bottles when you let me know you've completed the meme.

How to stay out of the dungeon:

Once upon a time in a faraway Bloggiverse there lived a maiden named Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt. She slayed her own dragons, stoked her own fire and well.....wrote memes by the light of the Bloggingham moon. One day a kind blogger from England noticed her meme lovin' ways and royally crowned her Mimi Queen of Memes. As time passed in the peaceful kingdom of Bloggingham, her Royal Highness found comfort in the company of fellow bloggers who also loved memes. But the Queen had a wicked disposition too. It is widely reported in historical Blogosphere archives that any and all bloggers found guilty of not completing their memes were promptly thrown into the dreaded Bloggingham dungeon.

Now I've seen that dungeon and I'm not risking another visit. If I were you, I would do this meme as well. So here is my bottle tossed with gusto into the bloggy ocean.



Linda of "Are We There Yet" and I have become total Doctor Who addicts.

As to tagging, I don't do that. I will notify all the good folks out there that the meme exists and if they know what is good for them, they really really should do it since their fate if they don't do it is just too terrible to contemplate.

You think those emails warning you about your fate if you don't nag at least ten of your friends are bad? Compared to our beloved Queen, they are child's play. So save yourselves, JUST DO IT.

6 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

You crack me up.

Bwahahhhaahhaa (I'll be back soon with an official number for you. Yippee!)

Linda said...

Amanda and I both bow in your general direction! Amanda also thinks she has created a monster by introducing me to the good Doctor but how you can help but not love him?!? He is - after all - the Doctor!

Perhaps your bottle and mine will wash up on the same bit of blore (which I believe is blog + shore!).

Akelamalu said...

What a great message Jamie! You definitely won't be going in the dungeon! :)

I'm a Doctor Who fan too and I remember the very first one! LOL

Thorne said...

Ya got me! I managed to work my bottle into a general "catsup" post! Jamie, we'd love to have you visit our desert home any time of the year that you'd care to come! Spring wildflowers are the best!!

This Eclectic Life said...

You are a mess. I think I might be sucked into this one.

Travis Cody said...

HA! Great message!