07 December 2010

Queen's Meme #63 - Frivolous Christmas

The Queen's Meme is all about Christmas and her majesty, Queen Mimi, has employed a grand inquisitor to ferret out our deepest attitudes towards the holiday.  To join in on the fun, simply click on the link and sign in.


Let's talk Christmas. I'm in a naughty and nice mood. Some are one-word answers, others need a little explanation. Feel free to elaborate when the blog spirit moves ya. And above all else...Have fun!

1. Amazon.com or the Mall - Amazon only.  I don't like malls without crowds.  This time of year, file under fate worse than death.

2. Bows or ribbons - Both

3. Expensive or sale tags - Don't care as long as I can afford it for someone.

4. Long list or short - Very very short

5. Wrapped packages or gift bags - Both whichever works best

6. Eggnog or vodka - Eggnog with Brandy.

7. Have you finished your shopping? - No.  For the most part I do that after Christmas and the gifts are given on Hogmanay.

8. A Christmas Carol or The Bible Story - A Christmas Carol

9. Are you Scrooge or Santa's Helper? - Scrooge - Actually I'm Fanny, Scrooge's sister.  One of my few stage roles.

10. Did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act? - No but I got a peek of Rudolph's rear end.

11. Tell me about your Christmas tree...gotta pic? - No tree.  We only do that during years when grandson will be here instead of with his mother.

12. Christmas carols or Rock Station - Mixed up on the IPOD

13. Do you believe in Elves? - Of course

14. I am looking for Santa. Describe him for me. - The guy Eartha Kitt was singing about.



15. Do you leave cookies out or bourbon? - Bourbon Cookies

16. White lights or multi-colored - Multi

17. Wreaths on the doors, windows, outside? - Door

18. Who are the 3 wisest wise men in your life? - It used to be Bob, Tom, and Chris, but now I'm down to just Chris.

19. Is Christmas religious or commercial for you? - Neither

20. Ever kiss under the mistletoe? - Well I started with kissing

21. Stars or angels on top of the tree - Angel

22. Who deserves to get a lump of coal for Christmas and why? - Republicans who voted for tax breaks for millionaires while cutting off the unemployed.

23. Who is #7 in the 12 Days of Christmas song?


24. Snail mail cards or e-cards - Both

25. What do you want for Christmas? - Peace on Earth Goodwill Toward Men or round trip first class to New York and orchestra seat tickets to Memphis

5 comments:

Linda said...

I'm totally with you on the "File under fate worse than death" in number one. Shopping. Ugh! That said, I'm going to go do that with my mother on my day off tomorrow. Yeeha.

I still haven't put a tree up but at least I've finally decided what to do with one to minimize the potential damage from Tesla the Terrible. I'm only going to do lights, garland, and tinsel and see how that goes this year. IF he behaves himself, next year I'll add some decorations back on. Of course, he could surprise me and leave the tree alone but I wouldn't bet on it!

Xmichra said...

You don't put up a tree for yourself?? I find that really sad... my mother is the same way though. Still. I think it would break my heart to not have at least a small little tree :(

Jean-Luc Picard said...

#20 was a good laugh!

Travis Cody said...

One of the holiday traditions we've been developing over the last couple of years is to spend 24 Dec down at the mall. We enjoy watching the people. Plus there are a lot of great restaurants in the Town Center.

Jazzie said...

This by far is a very entertaining post. I come out laughing on some of the statements of the question and answer portion and I sometimes guess what my personal answer would be to the queries. Added to that, I must have missed it but I just happen to know that Santa Baby is originally Eartha Kitt's. Talking about the holiday, Merry Christmas!