02 December 2010

Five On Friday - Holiday Edition


Don't forget to swing over to Trav's Thoughts and see who else played along with his musical meme - I bet he'll be sure to say thanks for stopping by!

Here are four of my favorite carols and for the third night of Hanukkah "Light One Candle" from Peter, Paul, and Mary.  I'm sure more seasonal songs will show up between now and the end of the year.  Plus it is almost time for the food posts.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I have absolutely no idea why "We Three Kings" has always been one of my favorite carols, particularly since I don't celebrate the religious part of the holiday. It probably has something to do with the third gift part about Myrrh.  In any case, this is a pure fun version with three wonderful voices.

5 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I LOVE that Hugh Jackman one!!

And the Michael Buble...sigh...

And the Judy Garland...lovely...

Hadn't heard Light One Candle before - I really enjoyed it.

Mike Golch said...

I enjoyed this set and We Three kings.

Linda said...

I came <> close to using the Michael Buble version of I'll Be Home for Christmas myself this week! We brilliant minds really do think alike, don't we?

Thank you for the little extra sumpin'-sumpin' with the Hugh Jackman video - always a holiday treat no matter the holiday!

Travis Cody said...

We don't celebrate the religious aspects either, but there are some religious carols that I enjoy. One in particular is O Holy Night as performed by Ronnie Milsap. I've always enjoyed the timber of his voice, and it sores in the song.

Your Set is wonderful this week.

Billie Greenwood said...

Not surprised to see Hugh Jackman appear in this fav of yours! :-D