08 July 2007

Eviction Notice





"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of Blessings on this House and on all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise Men ever rule under this roof."

by John Adams
Inscribed above the White House's central fireplace.

Oops!!


Leonard Bernstein wrote a failed musical. Alan J. Lerner wrote the lyrics for the musical that only had seven performances. By themselves many of the songs are beautiful and well worth performing if only because their message is so important. The musical was 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

One song in particular stands out as both a blessing and warning. Perhaps the current resident will drop by and remember what his job should be and that the residence he is inhabiting belongs to the American people not to him. Perhaps the members of Congress will drop by and realize what they are supposed to do if he continues to injure this country and violate his lease agreement.


TAKE CARE OF THIS HOUSE



Take care of this house
keep it from harm
if bandits break in
sound the alarm.


Care for this house,
shine it by hand
keep it agleam
so it can be seen
all over the land


Be careful at night
check all the doors
if someone breaks in
the dream will be lost


Take care of this house
be always on call
for this house
is the home of us all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After mulling it over for a long, long time, I really do think he should be impeached. Thats just my opinion. Impeachment isnt something that should be taken lightly. While I got of his bandwagon after they banging the war drums in late 2002, I didnt think removing him was a good idea. This Libby thing last week and the refusal to be subpoenaed changed my mind. I realize the chances of it are unlikely, but I honestly believe there should at least be hearings for his removal.

Anonymous said...

Jamie & Steve....

I used to think impeachment would reflect badly on the Democrats and it would be a waste of time for this country..... I no longer feel that...
Bush obviously thinks he is above the law.... and it feels like it is taking forever to get to the next election.....

eProf2 said...

Great way to say "let's start the impeachment." Are you listening, Madam Speaker?

Travis Cody said...

He is ignoring the law, violating the law outright, lying about his violations of the law, and attempting to hold others to standards he has no intention or capability of living up to himself.

I want my Constitution and my Country back.

I've written my Congressman.