27 July 2007

When You're Ready




One of the best reviews I have read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows can be read here. Fair warning, while it doesn't tell everything, there are a few spoilers in the article. This site will also give you a chance to roam around one of my favorite book stores. If you don't know about Powells, do prowl around.

When you are ready to chat about Harry, let me know what you think of the book. Without saying why, I read it from beginning to end without stopping and I loved it for a whole lot of reasons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie...
although I am not a Harry Potter fan I am glad to see your enthusiasm....

however...I am a BIG fan of Powell books....

Durward Discussion said...

Renee,

Read the review. On one level Potter is a fun story for children and teens, but on a much deeper level it could be an example for Joseph Campbell to discuss on PBS,
particularly this last book with its themes of death, memory, and resurection.

Travis Cody said...

Impressive review for what I thought was a pretty impressive book.

I'm still letting my first reading of it soak in. I'll be going back to the final chapters of OOTP, then reading Half Blood Prince again, before I take another run at Deathly Hallows.

I've heard some are sad that it's over, but I think it came to a very satisfying end.

Durward Discussion said...

It was a good end and enough room for a lighter series possibly set at Hogwarts.

You can't have great heroism without great evil and to bring Harry back, she would have to do something with Voldemort or Malfoy, so unless she does some sort of reference as to what happened during the 19 years between the end and the epilog I don't see more of Harry.