08 June 2007

May You Stay Forever Young




PEACE REIGNS IN THE HEART OF A CHILD



Many years ago a wonderful book by Robert Fulgham was published called Everything I Ever Needed To Know I Learned In Kindergarten.



Share everything
Play fair
Don't hit people
Put things back where you found them
Clean up your own mess
Don't take things that aren't yours
Say you are sorry when you hurt somebody
Wash your hands before you eat. Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
Take a nap every afternoon



Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw some and paint and sing and dance and play and work everyday.

Think of what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap. Or we had a basic policy in our nation and other nations to always put things back where we found them and clean up our own messes.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.









Click on Mimi's site to see all of the BlogBlast world peace globes.

26 comments:

The World In The Eyes Of Brothers said...

What a lovely contribution Happy WW Peace Day.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Beautiful, beautiful.
You have a wonderful blog :)

Dayngr said...

"War can only be understood and put an end to if you and all those who are concerned very deeply with the survival of man, feel that you are utterly responsible for killing others. What will make you change?" - J. Krishnamurti

Dayngr @ Dayngrous Discourse

The Rock Chick said...

I’d like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I’d like to hold in in my arms and keep it company
I’d like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
Ah, peace throughout the land.

I agree, pretty much everything we need to know we learned in Kindergarten!!! Too bad we don't always do those things, though, right?? Today we can all change that.

Peace to you!!!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

As always, you have found perfect quotations for the day. I wish I had your skill in research...
Thanks for the thought provoking message.

Elaine said...

A thought-provoking post - so simple yet so true!

Lux: I like the part about napping!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great globe. Peace to you and yours.

My globe is up also.

Angel Mama ():)

Mo and The Purries said...

beautiful, simply beautiful

peace & cheers,
mo

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Very nice

Grant Us Peace - "All You Need Is Love"
Sitting On The COUCH For Peace

Odat said...

Peace!!!!
Great post!
Thank you!

Unknown said...

Fantastic, Jamie! It´s always a pleasure to visit you!

Sanni, Frank and Luis,
Jersey, the furry diva and
The Pimping Team

are wishing LOVE & PEACE to you ♥

Linda said...

Very nicely done, Jamie!

Peace to you and to yours for now and for always.

Anonymous said...

This is so true! Thanks for the great peace post. Peace to you!

Anonymous said...

Hey good thoughts there. Its all advice any of us can use. Things should be basic for sure. I think sometimes we forget the important things in life because we are too busy trying to think of what is important!

Lavender said...

What a gorgeous owl avatar you have! Thanks for stopping by.

Anndi said...

Wonderful post...

Thought provoking words...

Beautiful song!

May you find peace and may your heart always be filled with Joy and wonder...

It begins with me...

Travis Cody said...

Hold hands and stick together - outstanding advice.

Happy Peace Globe Day!

Sandee said...

You always do such an excellent job with all your posts, and this one is no exception. Peace Jamie :)

CS said...

Milk and cookies and a nap. Sounds good to me! Peace to you!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

wishing you Peace as well

Mimi Lenox said...

GREAT advice. Nicely put.
Happy BlogBlast for Peace!

Terra Shield said...

Been checking out the globes...

I truly agree with the part about learning all you need in kindergarten :)

Peace always

Karen Jo said...

I like your peace globe very much. Your post is right on target. Peace to you and all your family.

Anonymous said...

Great peace globe. And I like your blog. I'll be stopping by occasionally. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey ... before I go ... I'm loving all the songs. Great stuff.

MaR said...

Great globe and song. The quote is absolutely perfect! I just took my nap and had 2 cookies with my coffee..
Peace to you !